Article: Enigmatic occurrence of Permian plant roots in Lower Silurian rocks, Guizhou Province, China
- Boucot, A. J. 1975. Evolution and extinction rate controls. Elsevier Scientific Publishing Co., Amsterdam, 427 pp.
- Cai, C.-Y., Ouyang, S., Wang, Y., Fang, Z.-J., Rong, J.-Y., Geng, L.-Y. and Li, X.-X. 1996. An early Silurian vascular plant. Nature, 379, 592.
- Edwards, D. 1990. Constraints on Silurian and Early Devonian phytogeographic analysis based on megafossils. In McKerrow, W. S. and Scotese, C. R. (eds). Palaeozoic Palaeogeography and Biogeography. The Geological Society, London, Memoir, 12, 233–242.
- Edwards, D., Wang, Y., Bassett, M. G. and Li, C.-S. 2007. Pinnatiramosus qianensis from the marine Lower Silurian Xiushan Formation, Guizhou Province, China: the earliest vascular plant or a later rooting system? Palaios, 22, 153–163.
- Geng, B.-Y. 1986. Anatomy and morphology of Pinnatiramosus, a new plant from the middle Silurian (Wenlockian) of China. Acta Botanica Sinica, 28, 664–670.
- Kenrick, P. R. and Crane, P. K. 1997. The origin and early evolution of plants on land. Nature, 389, 33–39.
- Liu, P. 1995. On the bauxite in Guizhou Province-V: the bauxite-bearing rock series in central Guizhou-southern Sichuan ore-forming zone. Guizhou Geology, 12, 185–203.
- Rong, J.-Y., Johnson, M. E. and Yang, X.-C. 1984. Early Silurian (Llandovery) sea-level changes in the Upper Yangtze region of central and southwestern China. Acta Palaeontologica Sinica, 23, 687–697.
- Wang, Y. and Cai, C.-Y. 2007. A review of the study of a late Llandovery plant, Pinnatiramosus qianensis Geng, from Fenggang, Guizhou, SW China. Acta Palaeontologica Sinica, 46, 269–277.
- Wang, Y., Ouyang, S. and Cai, C.-Y. 1996. Early Silurian microfossil plants from the Xiushan Formation in Guizhou Province, China, and their paleobotanical significance. Palaeobotanist, 45, 181–237.