Financial assistance is offered to postgraduate students who are members of the Association for travel to international meetings that are not directly supported by the Association through the Grants-in-Aid scheme. A list of directly sponsored meeting is given below. The funding is only intended for conferences that are explicitly scientific in nature.
Terms and Conditions
Please read the following notes before applying:
- The award is specifically for travel.
- A maximum of 200 GBP will be awarded to applicants making a presentation that falls within the scope of the Association's charitable aims.
- Successful awards will be paid retrospectively on the submission of receipts for reasonable travel costs.
- Applications should be made online no later than two months prior to the beginning of the conference.
- The total fund and number of awards will be at the discretion of Council.
- Only one travel grant will be awarded per applicant per year, but subsequent applications can be made.
- Applications are to made through the application website (see below), and include the personal details of the applicant and his/her career stage, the title of any accepted abstract, and details of other funding obtained towards the cost of the meeting. Two letters must also be attached, in PDF format: a letter of acceptance/confirmation from the meeting convenor, and short status-confirming letter from the applicant's supervisor.
- Funding from the Association should be acknowledged on your poster or in your presentation.
Directly sponsored meetings (NOT eligible for Postgraduate Travel Fund):
- Palaentological Association Annual Meetings.
- International Palaeontological Congress.
- Progressive Palaeontology.
- Lyell Meetings.
- Any other meetings that have been awarded funds to support student attendance from the Association's Grants-in-Aid scheme.
No deadline. Application accepted thoughout the year.
Continue to online form