Financial assistance is offered to postgraduate students who are members of the Association to attend international meetings that are not directly supported by the Association through the Grants-in-Aid scheme. A list of directly-sponsored meetings is given below. The funding is only intended for conferences that are explicitly scientific in nature. Enquiries can be made to the Meetings Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Terms and Conditions
Please read the following notes before applying:
- The award is specifically for travel.
- Applicants must be delivering a presentation (poster or oral) that falls within the scope of the Association’s charitable aims.
- The maximum amount awarded will be £200 GBP.
- Successful awards will be paid retrospectively on the submission of receipts for reasonable travel costs.
- Applications must be made online no later than two months prior to the beginning of the conference.
- The total fund and number of awards will be at the discretion of Council.
- Only one travel grant will be awarded per applicant per year, but subsequent applications can be made.
- Applications are to be made through the Association website (see below), and should include the personal details of the applicant and their career stage, the title of the accepted abstract, and details of other funding obtained towards the cost of the meeting. Two letters must also be attached, in PDF format: a letter of confirmation from the meeting convenor which states the acceptance of the applicant's abstract, and a short status-confirming letter from the applicant’s supervisor.
- Funding from the Association must be acknowledged on your poster or in your presentation.
Directly sponsored meetings (NOT eligible for the Postgraduate Travel Fund):
- The Palaeontological Association's Annual Meetings.
- Progressive Palaeontology.
- Lyell Meetings.
- Any other meetings that have been awarded funds to support student attendance from the Association's Grants-in-Aid scheme.
No deadline. Application accepted throughout the year.