The Association wishes to produce a series of six one-minute educational videos targeted at the general public. The series, ‘How fit are you?’ will focus on themes of morphological adaptation and fitness in response to environmental and ecological change. Eachvideo will feature ca 45 seconds of footage featuring a palaeontologist speakingto camera, and stills of key fossils and equipment. Each video should also include ca 15 seconds of animation that supports key concepts. The video series will constitute the initial content for a new PalAss YouTube Channel. The successful tenderer will be responsible for filming, editing, and delivery of the animated content [and for provision of detailed guidelines on how contributors to other elements of the YouTube channelshould film and provide video content]. The presenter will be selected by the Palaeontological Association Council via an open competitive process. All filming will take place in the UK. The objectives of the series are to explain key concepts in modern palaeontology to the public in an accessible and engaging/entertaining way,and to stimulate further interest in palaeontology and science more broadly.
Instructions to tenderers
Criteria for the evaluation of tender returns
|Evaluation criteria||Weighting %|
|Filming of video content||10|
|Production of video content||20|
|Production ofanimated content||10|
|Production ofscientific content||10|
|Total for experience criteria||50|
|Feasibility of proposed schedule of activity||30|
|Value for money of proposed budget||20|
|Total for proposal criteria||50|
Briefing and information notes
Creation of the video serieswill involve:
- the filming of video content on location around the UK(one location per video).
- editing and production of video content.
- production of animated contentto explain key concepts.
- completed videos should include the Association’s logo and subtitles.
- completed videos should include background music.
- the Association will provide the script/storyboard and details of what the animation should show.
Filming and production of the series should be completed by end August 2019.
Form of tender and tender submissions
Applicants should submit:
- a CV outlining the applicant’s track record in video production;
- links to up to five recent published videos;
- a cover letter detailing their suitability for the position;
- a projectplan (maximum 2 A4 pages), including:
- Proposed schedule
- Indicative budget
Applications should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st January 2019.