Abstracts should be submitted through the Palaeontological Association online submission form, available after registering for the conference.
Note: After registering as a delegate you will recive an automated email containing a unique weblink (at the bottom of email) - please use this to access the abstract submission form.
Submissions must include:
- Authors and affiliations
- Abstract text (max. 250 words)
- Indication of preference for Full Talk, Lightning Talk or Poster presentation
- Whether/when you have presented at ProgPal before
- Career stage (e.g. Masters, 1st Year PhD, 2nd Year PhD, etc.)
Full Talks are 12 mins in length with 3 mins for transition/questions. Lightning Talks are 4 mins with 1 min transition/questions.
Poster boards will accommodate A1 landscape posters.
Sessions will combine Full and Lightning talks and there will be a dedicated poster session (poster dimensions to be confirmed). Session chairs will ensure that presentation times are strictly observed.
It is anticipated that there will be time for approximately 15-20 of each Full and Lightning talks and space for at least 30 posters, though this is subject to change.
Abstract and travel grant submission will is now open.
There is limited funding available for travel grants to support students who are presenting their work at Progressive Palaeontology. Students with limited funding are eligible to apply for a travel grant to cover travel and accommodation to attend the conference.
If you wish to apply for a travel grant please attach a statement (max. 150 words) justifying your need of it to your delegate registration. This should include estimated costs of travel and accommodation as well as a statement explaining your financial need for the grant. Students can apply to be funded up to a maximum amount depending on where they are travelling from: up to £75 within England/Wales, up to £120 from Scotland/Ireland, and up to £200 from mainland Europe and further afield.
Travel grant applications will be assessed on the rationale of this statement, the financial need of the applicant and the merit of the accompanying abstract(s).
- Travel grant deadline 5:00pm BST Friday 12th April 2019
- Abstract deadline 5:00pm BST Friday 12th April 2019
- Decisions on abstracts and travel grants circulated to delegates by 5:00pm BST Friday 26th April 2019
- Registration closes 5:00pm BST Friday 3rd May 2019