The Palaeontological Association is running a programme of travel grants to assist student members of the Association (doctoral and earlier) to attend the 6th International Palaeontological Congress in Thailand in order to present a talk or poster.
Terms and Conditions
Please read the following notes before applying:
- Applicants must be delivering a presentation (poster or oral) that falls within the scope of the Association’s charitable aims.
- The maximum amount awarded will be £700 GBP.
- Applications can only be accepted from Student Members of the Association.
- Applications should be made before the 30th September 2022 deadline, and should include the personal details of the applicant and their career stage, the title of the accepted abstract, and details of other funding obtained towards the cost of the meeting. Two letters must also be attached, in PDF format: a letter of confirmation from the meeting convenor which states the acceptance of the applicant’s abstract, and a short status-confirming letter from the applicant’s supervisor.
- The grants can only be used for travel and accommodation and only one grant will be awarded per applicant. Multiple applications are not allowed.
- Funding from the Association must be acknowledged on your poster or in your presentation.
- Applications which fulfil these Terms and Conditions will be selected by a pooled lottery system (see below).
- Successful awards will be paid retrospectively on the submission of receipts for reasonable travel and accommodation costs.
Application selection process
Applications will be collated into two pools:
- The first pool will be made up of applicants from low-middle income countries as defined by the World Bank. A minimum of nine applications will be drawn by lottery and awarded. In the event that there are fewer than nine applicants all applications will be granted without a lottery.
- The second pool will be made up of all other applications not contained in the first pool, plus all applications not granted an award that were previously in the first pool. Applications will be drawn by lottery and awarded. The lottery will cease once the total amount awarded from both pools reaches the budget limit for the IPC6 travel fund as set by the Association's Council.
The deadline to apply for this fund has been extended to 30th September 2022, and successful applicants will be notified as soon as possible after this date. Enquiries should be made to the Meetings Coordinator.