The Palaeontological Association has three grant-in-aid schemes.
The Association is happy to receive applications for loans or grants from the organisers of scientific meetings, workshops and short courses that lie conformably with its charitable purpose, which is to promote research in palaeontology and its allied sciences. Application should be made in good time by the scientific organiser(s) of the meeting on the online application form (see below). Such requests will be considered by Council at the March and the October Council Meetings each year. If the application is successful, we will require that the support of the Association is acknowledged, preferably with reproduction of the Association’s logo, in the meeting/workshop/short course literature and other media. Enquiries may be made to the Secretary (email@example.com).
Making an application for meeting or workshop/short course support
Applications should be made through online submission, for which you will need the following information:
- Title of meeting/ workshop/ short course
- Date and Place proposed
- Name, position, and affiliation of the organiser(s)
- Brief description (not more than 10 lines) of the rationale behind the meeting/ workshop/ short course
- Anticipated number of attendees
- Amount requested (also whether request is for a loan or a grant)
- Other sources of funding applied for
- Specific use to which requested funds will be put
Note: If funds are requested to support one or more keynote speakers, then full details of their names, affiliations and titles of presentations should be included. The application will be strengthened if the keynote speaker agrees to submit their paper as a review article for possible publication in Palaeontology.
The next deadline is 1st March 2015.
Online Application Form
Submit an application here