Lyell Meeting: "Deep sea chemosynthetic ecosystems: where they are found, how they work and what they looked like in the geological past."
12 March 2014 @ The Geological Society, Burlington House, London. More details...
Palaeontology [online] is a website covering all aspects of palaeontology. The site is updated with articles about the cutting edge of research, by the researchers themselves.
Postgraduate Travel Fund
The association is launching a new scheme to provide limited funding to assist with travel expenses for postgraduate students attending international conferences
Details and application form
Podcasts and videos aimed at at the palaeontological community
Supported by the Palaentological Asociation
Supplementary Data Home Page
Supplementary data for Special Papers in Palaeontology
Supplementary data for Palaeontology
The phylogeny and systematics of blind Cambrian ptychoparioid trilobites
Eucycloceratin ammonites from the Callovian Chari Formation, Kutch, India
The relationships of biserial graptolites
The Early Jurassic ammonite Badouxia from British Columbia, Canada
Description of a new late Miocene American badger (Taxidiinae) utilizing high-resolution X-ray computed tomography
- Download - Animation Abbreviations
- Download - High-Resolution X-Ray Computed Tomography scanning details
- Download - Chamitataxus avitus. F:AM 27458. Coronal plane, every fifth slice labelled. Animation commencing at the occiput, proceeding rostrally through the snout.
- Download - Chamitataxus avitus. F:AM 27458. Sagittal plane, every fifth slice labelled. Animation commencing at the left lateral surface of the occiput, moving through the skull (toward viewer) to the right side.
- Download - Chamitataxus avitus. F:AM 27458. Horizontal plane, every fifth slice labelled. Animation commencing at the dorsal surface of cranium, proceeding ventrally through the tympanic bullae.
- Download - Chamitataxus avitus. F:AM 27458. Roll. Animation of skull rotating on long axis, commencing in left-lateral view.
- Download - Chamitataxus avitus. F:AM 27458. Yaw. Animation of skull presenting rostral-caudal views.
- Download - Taxidea taxus. MVZ 52125. Coronal plane. Animation commencing at the snout, proceeding caudally through the occiput.
- Download - Taxidea taxus. MVZ 52125. Sagittal plane. Animation commencing at the lateral surface of the left zygomatic arch, moving through the skull (away from viewer) to the right side.
- Download - Taxidea taxus. MVZ 52125. Horizontal plane. Animation commencing at the dorsal surface of cranium, proceeding ventrally through the dentaries.
- Download - Movie Notes
Earliest known carnivoran auditory bulla and support for a recent origin of crown-group Carnivora (Eutheria, Mammalia)
- Download - Cladistic character matrix
- Download - Slice-through animation of the basicranium of Viverravus acutus, UM 67326. Specimen is positioned in ventral view with rostral to the top. See Text-figures 1 and 2 for scale, orientation, and labelling.
- Download - Slice-through animation of the basicranium of Viverravus acutus, USNM 489122. Specimen is positioned in ventral view with rostral to the top left. See Text-figures 1 and 2 for scale, orientation, and labelling.
Autecology and the Filling of Ecospace: Key Metazoan Radiations
- Download - Descriptions, Explanations, and Sources
The shape of the Phanerozoic marine palaeodiversity curve: how much can be predicted from the sedimentary rock record of Western Europe?
- Download - Data on phanerozoic marine diversity after removal of rock record bias
Social behaviour and mass mortality in the basal ceratopsian dinosaur Psittacosaurus (Early Cretaceous, People's Republic of China)
- Download - XRD mineralogical analyses of bulk and clay smear fraction samples.
Pleistocene extinctions of deep-sea benthic foraminifera: the South Atlantic record
- Download - 1082, 1083, and 1088 cenus and sample data.
An unusual new neosauropod dinosaur from the Lower Cretaceous Hastings Beds Group of East Sussex, England
Late Hettangian (Early Jurassic) ammonites from Taseko Lakes, British Columbia, Canada
New data on the vertebrate assemblage of Fiume Santo (north-west Sardinia, Italy), and overview on the Late Miocene Tusco-Sardinian palaeobioprovince
- Download - Complete list of the material analysed.
The anatomy, taphonomy, taxonomy and systematic affinity of Markuelia: Early Cambrian to Early Ordovician scalidophorans
The 'Oxycythereis' problem: taxonomy and palaeobiogeography of deep-sea ostracod genera Pennyella and Rugocythereis
Fossil grebes from the Truckee Formation (Miocene) of Nevada and a new phylogenetic analysis of Podicipediformes (Aves)
Ontogeny, morphology and taxonomy of the soft-bodied Cambrian 'mollusc' Wiwaxia