Financial assistance is offered to postgraduate students who are members of the Association for travel to international meetings that are not directly supported by the Association through the Grants-in-Aid scheme. A list of directly-sponsored meetings is given below. The funding is only intended for conferences that are explicitly scientific in nature. Enquiries can be made to the Meetings Coordinator (email@example.com).
Terms and Conditions
Please read the following notes before applying:
- The award is specifically for travel.
- A maximum of £200 GBP will be awarded to applicants making a presentation (poster or oral) that falls within the scope of the Association’s charitable aims.
- Successful awards will be paid retrospectively on the submission of receipts for reasonable travel costs.
- Applications should be made online no later than two months prior to the beginning of the conference.
- The total fund and number of awards will be at the discretion of Council.
- Only one travel grant will be awarded per applicant per year, but subsequent applications can be made.
- Applications are to be made through the application website (see below), and include the personal details of the applicant and his/her career stage, the title of the accepted abstract, and details of other funding obtained towards the cost of the meeting. Two letters must also be attached, in PDF format: a letter of confirmation from the meeting convenor which states the acceptance of the applicant's abstract, and a short status-confirming letter from the applicant’s supervisor.
- Funding from the Association should be acknowledged on your poster or in your presentation.
Directly sponsored meetings (NOT eligible for the Postgraduate Travel Fund):
- Palaentological Association Annual Meetings.
- International Palaeontological Congress.
- Progressive Palaeontology.
- Lyell Meetings.
- Any other meetings that have been awarded funds to support student attendance from the Association's Grants-in-Aid scheme.
No deadline. Application accepted thoughout the year.